hover animation preload

Lessons Learned
by Sally in , , ,

For a number of years now I have been scrupulously avoiding using the Split Chain Technique.  I have watched YouTube videos on it, read the written version of how to carry it out and just about everything I could on the subject.  Nearly every time attempted was a failure.  But at Shuttlebirds Tatting conference, Jean Reeves from Oregon offered a class entitled "More Half-Closed Rings." I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I signed up for that class.  At first it was overwhelming.  It seems there was a "Half-Closed Rings" class that had preceded this one, and it was offered in conflict with the classes I was teaching. Without the ability to be in 2 places at once, I had not taken the first class.  So at first it seemed that I was struggling to catch up.  But Jean was so very patient with me and by my second attempt, I was on the move!  It wasn't long before I realized I was working on the Dreaded Split Chain!  Now I feel much more accomplished at it.  Enough so that when offered the opportunity to do so in a pattern, I went forward without hesitation.  Here are the results:










I do wish the pattern had written out instructions indicating to the tatter that the split chain did not need to come off the chain row at the center but rather at one of the off-sets, either to the left or to the right.  But while the author did not say that, my notes in the margin indicate that such an allowance is beneficial.  I'm thrilled at how it is turning out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

2017 TheThreadBears. Powered by Blogger.